About Oikocredit Canada
From left to right: Joe Howse, Hans van Nie (Oikocredit International Members Council), Karl Braun, Eugene Ellmen (National Support Office Director), Abhishek Bhasin, Margie Parikh, Julie Scott, Andrew Nicholls, Kelly McMillan, Jack Boland (Volunteer), Heather Keachie, Brigid McQuaid. Absent from photo: Michelle Peterson.
Formed in 2016 from local support associations in Ontario and western Canada, Oikocredit Canada is one of about 30 support associations around the world. Our mandate is to educate Canadians about the value of investment and development, and the work of Oikocredit. As a Support Association of Oikocredit, we are a proud member of the Oikocredit international co-operative. We participate in the international Annual General Meeting and have contributed to international working groups and committees. We receive our funding from Oikocredit International and from fees from our members.
We are a non-profit association incorporated under the Canada Corporations Act and have been operating in this capacity for more than a decade. But our volunteers have been active in Oikocredit for much longer. In the past 30 years, several of our volunteers have served with distinction as Directors of the International Board.
Please contact us if you would like one of our volunteers to come and speak to your group. We love to share our Oikocredit story!
The current Board members are:
- Heather Keachie, Director/President, Toronto
- Abhishek Bhasin, Director/Vice President, Toronto
- Karl Braun, Director, Waterloo
- Joe Howse, Director, Halifax
- Kelly McMillan, Director, Halifax
- Andrew Nicholls, Director, Victoria
- Margie Parikh, Director, Victoria
- Michelle Peterson, Director/Secretary Treasurer, Vancouver
- Julie Scott, Director, Toronto
- Aysha Dawood, Program manager
- Brigid McQuaid, Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper